Tuesday, March 25, 2008

First Chapter Coffee Klatch 3/30 1pm

Sunday, March 30, 2008 -1:00 PM

One of the most rewarding things about California Rare Fruit Growers
is the people. But not everyone is gregarious or brave enough to be
the one to break the ice. I know I don’t feel like I am. I’d like to
start chapter coffee klatches for months in which we don’t have a
meeting. We can get together for drinks, refreshments, even movies!
I’ll kick it off with a coffee klatch at my house in Berkeley on
March 30th to watch Eat at Bill’'s - a film by Lisa Brenneis (of
Churchill Orchard in Ojai) about Bill Fujimoto of Monterey Market.
It’s a great look not only at how one market can make a difference in
how customers perceive and buy produce, but an interesting
introduction to small growers who raise unusual produce, often
unusually.

Email me at golden_gate@crfg.org for the address.

No comments: